[arch-general] Open-sourced: OpenCL-based multiphysics simulation software package

Andrejs Mivreņiks ml at gim.fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 8 12:14:23 UTC 2015

Hello!

It looks like an interesting tool, thank you for licensing it under a free license.

Although it looks like your software requires VTK version 5.8[1] which is an outdated
version of the VTK library/system. Currently only 6.1.0 version is available from official
repositories[2]. Even though it is possible to create a package for AUR with legacy VTK
version as dependency, it will not be likely that your software is going to be added to
the official repository as well as making it much longer to build.

Please update your software to use the most recent version of VTK.

Regards

[1] https://github.com/AvtechScientific/ASL/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L30
[2] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?q=vtk

--