[arch-general] Firefox display problem

Sean Greenslade sean at seangreenslade.com
Mon Jun 8 19:15:37 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 02:08:17PM -0500, Francis Gerund wrote:
> This display problem started as soon as I installed the system.  Of course,
> I almost immediately installed firefox-noscript upon install also.
>
> I didn't think of javascript blocking being the problem, as it would not
> occur to me to let javascript run free on my system unsupervised.

Welcome to the modern internet, where terrible web designers use
javascript willy-nilly for even the most basic of web page rendering. It
sucks, I know. I'm right there with you.

That said, if you encounter an issue with firefox, the first thing to do
is to disable plugins and try it again. I keep a separate profile handy
for this. If it works in the pluginless profile, then the issue is being
caused by a plugin and any requests for help / fixes should probably be
directed to the forums for that plugin.

In the case of Noscript, broken websites are just a sad fact of life.
Graceful downgrading is a thing of the past, it seems...

--Sean