[arch-general] Update issue, mate-settings-daemon-pulseaudio vs mate-settings-daemon

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Jun 9 16:04:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

earlier today an update asked me to replace
mate-settings-daemon-pulseaudio with mate-settings-daemon. After taking
a look at the old and new package I replaced it.

From an hour ago until now the update asks to replace
mate-settings-daemon with mate-settings-daemon-pulseaudio.

If I reply with Y I get:

  error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
  :: mate-control-center: requires mate-settings-daemon>=1.10
  :: mate-session-manager: requires mate-settings-daemon>=1.10

If I reply with N I get:

  there is nothing to do

Why does pacman ask me to replace it while there's nothing to do and
two other packages need the installed version?

Is something wrong on my machine or should I report a bug against a
package?

$ pacman -Si mate-settings-daemon-pulseaudio mate-settings-daemon
Repository     : community
Name           : mate-settings-daemon-pulseaudio
Version        : 1.8.3-1
Description    : The MATE Settings daemon (pulseaudio)
Architecture   : x86_64
URL            : http://mate-desktop.org
Licenses       : GPL
Groups         : mate
Provides       : mate-settings-daemon
Depends On     : dbus-glib  dconf  fontconfig  gtk2  libcanberra-pulse  libmatekbd  libnotify  libxt
                 mate-desktop  nss  polkit  pulseaudio-alsa
Optional Deps  : None
Conflicts With : mate-settings-daemon-gstreamer  mate-media-gstreamer
Replaces       : mate-settings-daemon
Download Size  : 471.85 KiB
Installed Size : 2863.00 KiB
Packager       : Martin Wimpress <code at flexion.org>
Build Date     : Mon 16 Mar 2015 04:33:22 PM CET
Validated By   : MD5 Sum  SHA256 Sum  Signature

Repository     : community
Name           : mate-settings-daemon
Version        : 1.10.0-1
Description    : The MATE Settings daemon (GTK2 version)
Architecture   : x86_64
URL            : http://mate-desktop.org
Licenses       : GPL
Groups         : mate
Provides       : None
Depends On     : dbus-glib  dconf  fontconfig  gtk2  libcanberra-pulse  libmatekbd>=1.10  libmatemixer
                 libnotify  libxt  mate-desktop>=1.10  nss  polkit
Optional Deps  : None
Conflicts With : mate-settings-daemon-gtk3  mate-settings-daemon-gstreamer  mate-settings-daemon-pulseaudio
Replaces       : mate-settings-daemon-gstreamer  mate-settings-daemon-pulseaudio
Download Size  : 462.13 KiB
Installed Size : 2836.00 KiB
Packager       : Martin Wimpress <code at flexion.org>
Build Date     : Sat 09 May 2015 12:37:15 PM CEST
Validated By   : MD5 Sum  SHA256 Sum  Signature

Too funny, I don't use Mate, I installed it just for testing purpose.

Regards,
Ralf