[arch-general] Qt 5 apps disregard cursors settings

kachelaqa kachelaqa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 16:29:45 UTC 2015

On 09/06/15 16:25, Chris Warrick wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 9:28 PM, kachelaqa <kachelaqa at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 08/06/15 18:41, Chris Warrick wrote:
>> I also had to create quite few symlinks in mytheme/cursors for the
>> cursor-names which were missing (there are lots of aliases). The relevant
>> cursor-names can be found by looking at some of the other cursor themes in
>> /usr/share/icons.
>
> This does not seem to work (though I haven’t logged out to test yet).
>
> Qt 5.5.0 should fix this though:
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-30016#comment-250426

So it is caused by issues with cursor names/aliases.

The cursor types mentioned in the various linked bug reports very
closely match the ones I had to create symlinks for. I think the reason
why the symlinks work for me is probably because I am using a simple
openbox desktop, rather than kde, gnome, etc.