[arch-general] (no subject)

Francis Gerund ranrund at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 19:39:24 UTC 2015

Hello!

I was investigating this boot up error message :

"failed to start verify of integrity of password and group files"

It turned out to be due (apparently) to a faulty (re)installation of
mariadb, which I seem to have fixed.  Fine.

But in the process,  I came across this in my system:

[localuser at localhost ~]$ systemctl status shadow
   shadow.service - Verify integrity of password and group files
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/shadow.service; static; vendor
preset: disabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)

I am having some difficulty trying to find information on this.  Bottom
line: is this a problem, that I need to fix, or is it something that is
normal and can just be ignored?