[arch-general] AUR, ABS and outdated/orphaned packages

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 03:38:17 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 10:04 PM, Michael Beasley <youvegotmoxie at gmail.com>
wrote:

If the package is in the repositories, just flag them as out of date. They
should get updated by the Arch maintainers.
If they are in the AUR, file an orphan request (unless they are already
orphaned), then adopt them from their page on the AUR. Once you are the
maintainer, you can then update them freely.

-- Eli Schwartz