[arch-general] VTK package is outdated

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Sun Jun 14 12:07:33 UTC 2015

On 13 June 2015 at 17:33, Simon Hanna <j0k3ing at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 1:25 PM, Nicola Bizzoca <nicola.bizzoca at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> The VTK package present in the community repository is not updated to the
>> last version 6.2.0 http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/858
>>
>> Unfortunately I'm new to Arch and I don't know how to contact the package
>> maintainer
>>
> It is flagged as out of date as you can see here [1]
> I guess the maintainer has his reasons for not updating. Probably
> compatibility with other packages.

VTK has some open tasks in our bugtracker and, the last time I
checked, does not build as-is for the latest 6.x release. The previous
maintainer did the work on getting 6.x to build so it should be fine
for the time-being.

Resolving the open issues and updating it will require a bit of time
that I haven't managed but anyone's welcome to help and I'll apply any
necessary changes. If I don't do anything in another two weeks I'll
drop it to AUR where it might be better taken care of.

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1