[arch-general] openntpd creating /usr/var/run/ntpd.sock

Thiago Perrotta perrotta.thiago at poli.ufrj.br
Thu Mar 5 23:27:46 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 02:12:49PM -0700, Squall Lionheart wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running openntpd on several machines, one of which has /usr mounted as
> read only.  Openntpd wants to create it's socket file in /usr/var/run and
> can't, thus it fails to start.  I was unable to find a configuration option
> to change this location to /run, where it seems like it should be.
>
> Is there a way to change this somewhere that I missed?  Or is this a bug
> that needs to be filed?
>
> Thank you
> Squall
>
> --
> Yesterday is history.
> Tomorrow is a mystery.
> Today is a gift.
> That's why its called the present.
>
> Headmaster Squall :: The Wired/Section-9
> Close the world  txen eht nepo
> $3R14L 3XP3R1M3NT$ #L41N
> https://github.com/headmastersquall

Hi,

A quick investigation tells you should add this option to the
./configure script (in the PKGBUILD):

--localstatedir=/var

Or /run, as you wish. Default one in the current PKGBUILD is /usr/var. From the `help`:

  --localstatedir=DIR     modifiable single-machine data [PREFIX/var]

Sincerely,

--
- Thiago Perrotta
http://thiagowfx.github.io/