[arch-general] postfix 3.0.0-3 in testing wont start | Solution

Genes Lists lists at sapience.com
Fri Mar 20 15:16:19 UTC 2015

On a clean machine which had not been running postfix previously - i
installed and started postfix with default configs without error.

This suggested something changed in the configs which I missed somehow.

Looking in configs it is clear that the variable

   daemon_directory

has changed and needs to be updated on existing installs or postfix
won't run (see below).

   Existing installs need to ensure to change it in main.cf

to be:

   daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix/bin

Default previously was without the '/bin' on the end.
I do note that there are shared library files in /usr/lib/postfix but
all executabled have been moved to the '/bin' subdir.

Gene