[arch-general] [solved] diff is going nuts

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun Mar 22 14:35:15 UTC 2015

Thank you Henrik and Martti,

"diff -w jack.cpp.default jack.cpp" does the trick, so it was my fault.
When using hexdump I noticed that not the complete file were listed by
the diff without -w, I was mistaken.

Comparison with hexdump shows that the edited file sometimes is
different \n vs \r \n:

0000130   I   T       =       0   ;
0000140      \n   c   o   n   s   t       i   n   t       S   T   R   E
0000150   A   M   _   O   P   E   N

0000140       =       0   ;                                          \r
0000150  \n   c   o   n   s   t       i   n   t       S   T   R   E   A
0000160   M   _   O   P   E   N

Regards,
Ralf