[arch-general] Cannot use monitor in 1920x1080 anymore

Alfredo Palhares masterkorp at masterkorp.net
Mon Mar 30 11:08:11 UTC 2015

Hello fellow Arch users,

Suddenly I cannot use my external monitor in the 1920x1080 mode, I add
the following script that run every time I connect my thinkpad to the
base:

```
#!/bin/bash
set -x

xrandr --output DP2-3 --mode 1920x1080 --right-of eDP1
xset m 1/2 1
```

And after a update (I think) i can't use this resolution anymore.

But when connecting the monitor to the laptop I still have that resolution

```
$ xrandr  # Connected to the base
Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 2646 x 1024, maximum 32767 x 32767
eDP1 connected 1366x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 277mm x 156mm
   1366x768      60.00*+
   1024x768      60.00
   800x600       60.32    56.25
   640x480       59.94
DP1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP2-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP2-2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP2-3 connected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
   1024x768      60.00 +  75.08
   1280x1024     75.02    60.02
   800x600       75.00    60.32
   640x480       75.00    60.00
   720x400       70.08
HDMI1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
VIRTUAL1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
```

```
$ xrandr # Connected to the laptop VGA
Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 2646 x 1024, maximum 32767 x 32767
eDP1 connected 1366x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 277mm x 156mm
   1366x768      60.00*+
   1024x768      60.00
   800x600       60.32    56.25
   640x480       59.94
DP1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP2 connected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
   1920x1080     60.00 +
   1680x1050     59.95
   1280x1024     75.02    60.02
   1152x864      75.00
   1024x768      75.08    60.00
   800x600       75.00    60.32
   640x480       75.00    60.00
   720x400       70.08
DP2-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP2-2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP2-3 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
VIRTUAL1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
```

Any ideas how can I debug this problem further ?

--
Regards,
Alfredo Palhares