[arch-general] Audacity Library Mismatch (Wxgtk2.8)

Mark Lee mark at markelee.com
Fri May 1 09:18:04 UTC 2015

On Friday, May 01, 2015 11:07:39 AM Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> IIUC the patch let a fatal error become a warning. Everything behind -
> is removed and + is added. Isn't this already a workaround for an issue
> caused by upstream?

Sort of. According to the Arch commit, it's an issue caused with compiling
with GCC 5.1 (we're on 4.9.2). It's a bit of future proofing.
The Fedora link indicates it's an ABI issue :
From devel list:

That is a WxGTK bug.  __GXX_ABI_VERSION can change, but usually the result
is still ABI compatible, g++ emits just some aliases when mangling has
changed.

Regards,
Mark