[arch-general] fresh install: netctl and interface renaming

Łukasz Michalski lm at zork.pl
Thu May 7 20:57:22 UTC 2015

Netctl fails to start static profile due to different interface name. It
looks like netctl is trying to start (twice?) before kernel finishes
network interface renaming.
> Have you seen this [1] part of the Wiki?
>
> [1]:
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_configuration#Device_names

Hi,

Yes I saw.

I am OK with  Predictable Network Interface Names names set by systemd.
The problem is that interface name is changed after netctl tries to
setup network profile.
I am not very familiar with systemd dependencies  - any idea how to
debug it? It looks like there is a missing dependency and netctl tries
to start its profiles to early.

Thanks,
Łukasz