[arch-general] Linux kernel 4.0.2-1 flagged out-of date.

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 01:47:19 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 8:33 PM, Francis Gerund <ranrund at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, if a package (even a kernel) is shown flagged as "out-of-date"
> on the Arch website, and there is no later package (excluding testing,
> etc.), is it okay to install or update that package, if there are no other
> indications not to?

Flagging as out of date does not indicate a problem with the package, so I
would feel safe upgrading. I would expect any problems to be mentioned on
the news feed (depending on the problem and the package, but definitely the
kernel qualifies).

And when it comes to the kernel it will have spent time in testing before
being given a clean bill of health.

-- Eli Schwartz