[arch-general] Failed building Qt5 with debug symbols

David Kahles david.kahles96 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 19:39:36 UTC 2015

Hello

On 05/14/2015 02:07 AM, Yang Su wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Trying to build qt5 with debug symbols, but failed.  Using the qt5 from
> abs, per instructions in the wiki (
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Debug_-_Getting_Traces), I added in
> the PKGBUILD
>
> options=(debug !strip)
>
> and added
>
> -developer-build  -no-warnings-are-errors
>
> to the configure and build with and without qt5-webkit. Got following
> messages:

I had a similar problem. For me, the following worked.
Use this configure command:

CXXFLAGS="-std=c++11" configure [all your configure options] -c++11

This forces the build system to use C++11, because by default C++98 is
used IIRC.
There is a compiler bug for c++98 (has_feature macros are defined but
the c++11 classes are not avaible) and I found a bugreport about it (for
gentoo), but the gcc developers said it's a downstream bug. Unfortunally
I can't find the bug report anymore :/

I hope this helps, David