[arch-general] Subpixel antialiasing

Troy Engel troyengel+arch at gmail.com
Sun May 24 12:32:22 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 3:52 AM, Vladimir Nikšić <vniksic at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using xfce4. The settings > appearance had subpixel disabled, but once
> enabled chromium still didn't obey the subpixel hinting. I don't understand
> what has changed exactly with chromium, and how do I set it to have
> subpixel once again.

I have had this problem with Chrome before with xfce4, and had to
specifically configure ~/.Xresources for it to respect the same font
antialiasing that was normally done in the other places (fonts.conf,
gtkrc-2.0, etc.)

  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/X_resources#Xft_resources

Try setting those up and see if it helps -- don't forget to run 'xrdb
-merge ~/.Xresources' to actually activate the changes, then restart
Chromium.

-te