[arch-general] Bug? Home (encrypted) unmount error message during shutdown, when using UUID in fstab

Merlin Büge toni at bluenox07.de
Sun Nov 22 15:47:35 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, hope I'm doing it allright:)
I have an encrypted setup with both / and home encrypted, on two different partitions with plain LUKS, so no LVM, RAID, etc..

Since my last Arch update I have a strange issue: during shutdown, I get the following error message:
systemd[1]: Stopped (with error) /dev/mapper/home_crypt.
Due to a hint on #archlinux, I've changed the specification of the encrypted home_partition in my /etc/fstab from "UUID=..." to "/dev/mapper/home_crypt", and this indeed removed the error message during shutdown.
Before the update, everything went fine - with UUID in my /etc/fstab.

I described the issue very detailed here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1580311

I'm not sure if this is a bug, so my question is, should I file a bug report on this?

Thank you!
Have a nice day :)

Merlin

--