[arch-general] Linux still at 4.2, but nvidia and virtualbox compiled for 4.3?

João Miguel jmcf125 at openmailbox.org
Tue Nov 24 17:42:30 UTC 2015

> I'm afraid if I'll reboot, there will be problems with the graphics driver.
> Why wasn't the linux package updated alongside these others?
>
> Or am I wrong, and is this harmless?
Boy, I wish I was as cautious as you before updating... I was about to
post that after updating nvidia drivers, trying to start the X will get
you a black screen. I had assumed it was related to the custom kernel
and/or DKMS, but the problem appears with the regular nvidia package and
kernel. Well, I guess I can always downgrade.

Thanks for the post, I must remember to check my email more often.

--
>From mutt in /dev/tty4...
João Miguel