[arch-general] AFS home drive under GNOME no longer working

Patrick Helfenstein pfilz0 at bluewin.ch
Fri Oct 2 21:05:35 UTC 2015

I asked this question in the forum as well, but got no answers. Hoping
to have better luck here.

I use my asf drive as home directory at work. So far this has worked
fine, but something broke some time ago. Gnome-terminal acts like I
don't have any valid tickets and denies access to my files. klist shows
that I obtained the correct tickets (kerberos and afs) and when I switch
to console, everything works absolutely fine. Running 'tokens' in the
console lists my afs ticket, but the same command run from
gnome-terminal acts as if there was no ticket.

Very strange. I first thought it was a kernel issue, so I downgraded the
kernel to a known working version and reinstalled openafs and
openafs-modules-dkms from aur. No change, and why should it since it was
always running outside of gnome. Oh, and I use krb5-auth-dialog for
automatic ticket renewal. Very strange issue, I wonder why it doesn't
work...

Any ideas?