[arch-general] how to remove template service from systemd

Łukasz Michalski lm at zork.pl
Tue Oct 6 08:35:36 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have template service for VirtualBox:

[root at serenity amag_kghm]# cat /etc/systemd/system/vboxvmservice at .service
[Unit]
Description=VBox Virtual Machine %i Service
Requires=systemd-modules-load.service
After=systemd-modules-load.service

[Service]
User=zork
Group=vboxusers
ExecStart=/usr/bin/VBoxHeadless -s %i
ExecStop=/usr/bin/VBoxManage controlvm %i savestate

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

On of service from this template failed and I removed it.
Now systemctl status vboxvmservice@* shows:

● vboxvmservice at A.service - VBox Virtual Machine A Service
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/vboxvmservice at .service; enabled;
vendor preset: disabled)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2015-10-01 12:02:49
CEST; 4 days ago
  Main PID: 15101 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

How to mak systemd forget about this service? I checked
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/ and there is no link for my
service.

Regards,
Łukasz