[arch-general] screensaver

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Oct 20 08:38:59 UTC 2015

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 00:15:46 -0600, Jonathan Villatoro wrote:
>El oct 19, 2015 4:33 PM, "flow" <flow at nym.mixmin.net> escribió:
>> How to disable screensaver and DPMS while mplayer or skype work?
>
>depends heavily on your desktop environment/Window manager... I would
>suggest that you check the archwiki page for your specific DE/WM.

The best approach is to disable it by default with
an /etc/X11/xorg.conf(.d) file, since sometimes the option to disable
it, provided by the DE doesn't work.

Section "ServerFlags"
    Option "BlankTime"   "0"
    Option "StandbyTime" "0"
    Option "SuspendTime" "0"
    Option "OffTime"     "0"
EndSection

Depending on what Screensaver/PowerManager you are using add launchers
to enable and disable the Screensaver/PowerManager. It might require a
script to change settings and sometimes just something needs to be
killed or launched.

Regards,
Ralf