[arch-general] i3 and .zprofile

bebe at bebehei.de bebe at bebehei.de
Tue Oct 27 10:42:20 UTC 2015

Hi Stefan,

> On October 27, 2015 at 11:22 AM Stefan Tatschner
> <rumpelsepp at sevenbyte.org> wrote:
>

> On Di, 2015-10-27 at 11:14 +0100, Martti Kühne wrote:
> > Whether the profile source file for your shell is run depends on how
> > your terminal emulator launches your shell, and whether -i is passed
> > or not.

AFAIK, i3 will get started directly by gdm. I'm not sure, if there is a
shell between gdm and i3, but if it's the case, it will only be a
non-interactive login-shell.

While you're opening a terminal, you'll open a interactive non-loginshell.

Read up the "STARTUP" part in zsh(1). There is everything described, which
file it will source in which case.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Benedikt Heine