[arch-general] Makefile possibly removed libc?

vattan vatan.uml at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 19:27:41 UTC 2015

> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 12:04:58 +0200
> From: J?rgen Werner <jotz.csp at web.de>
> To: General Discussion about Arch Linux <arch-general at archlinux.org>
> Subject: Re: [arch-general] Makefile possibly removed libc?
>
> > Thanks guys, but pacman -qk sublime-text and glibc both listed a pile of
> > files and said nothing was missing.  Normally when I screw up this bad
id
> > uninstall/reinstall but I will not have net access on this machine for
> another two weeks so its sneaker net for me.  any other ideas?
>
> Hi Vattan,
> unless you ran sublime as root it could have not damaged anything system
> relevant. Usually if I run out of disc space, I made the observation,
> that either my home or the /tmp directory is screwed up. Try to
> delete/rename the .sublime folder in your home. Also, if your /tmp
> directory is not in RAM, clean it.
> If neither helps, try starting sublime as a different user (with clean
> home directory).
> Good luck!

Renaaming the folder found in ~/.config let it launch!  All the uncommented
lines in the makefile I am blaming are as follows:

SHELL = /bin/sh
PREFIX = ./BUILDS
TARGET = coil_inducer

CC = gcc
CFLAGS = -02

clean:
rm -f *.o
rm -f coil
rm -f tables

I had commented out the workings of that makefile in an attempt to learn
how it works, and added some of the earlier lines, but accidently did not
comment out the last 4.  I don't know why it would modify my settings but?

So now sublime is working, but I want all my old tweaks back, wish me luck
in recovering them.