[arch-general] Please update to OpenVPN 2.3.8

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Sep 15 16:57:21 UTC 2015

Am 12.09.2015 um 10:25 schrieb Florent M:
> Hi everyone,
>
> There are some reasons that openvpn in core is 2.3.6 ?
>
> Please update openvpn package to 2.3.8 asap.
>
> Just update PKGBUILD to 2.3.8, it works

It does NOT work.

It fails to launch when using a passphrase-protected private key. The
whole code path that is supposed to call systemd-ask-password is borked.
There will be no update until this is fixed - unfortunately, I did not
get to posting to their mailing list yet.

, and remove openvpn at .service
> because systemd service files are now provided by OpenVPN.

This is already done in my local working copy, probably did not check it
into trunk yet.