[arch-general] race condition when upgrading the new ncurses package

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Sep 18 17:44:36 UTC 2015

Btw. on my install 152 packages from official repositories needed an
upgrade. I read what packages will be upgraded and I care about the
news on the Arch homepage, but if that many packages will be upgraded
and nothing is mentioned on the homepage, I easily will miss a few
packages that could cause issues. Perhaps the only reason that this
update didn't cause trouble for me was, that there was the mail
from Damjan Georgievski, three days ago, on 15 Sep 2015 20:53:55 +0200
and the subject sounds scary, so I read it already three days ago,
while the upgrade was available today. Maybe I just had good luck ;).