[arch-general] Selectively enable bash completion

Andrew Chen andrew.chuanye.chen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 21:36:58 UTC 2015

On Sep 19, 2015 1:50 AM, "Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 22:05:13 +1200, Andrew Chen wrote:
> >On Sep 18, 2015 10:03 PM, "Neven Sajko" <nsajko at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Deleting the bash completion files that come with a package
> >> should, I think, harmlessly disable completion for that package.
> >
> >Just want to point out one problem with that method: the completion
> >file will be "reinstalled" when you upgrade that package.
>
> pacman.conf is your friend ;)
>
> $ grep NoExtract /etc/pacman.conf
> NoExtract   = usr/share/xsessions/gnome.desktop
usr/share/xsessions/gnome-fallback.desktop
usr/share/xsessions/gnome-flashback-compiz.desktop
usr/share/xsessions/openbox-kde.desktop
usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.knopwob.dunst.service
usr/share/xsessions/openbox.desktop usr/share/xsessions/lxqt.desktop
etc/xdg/autostart/parcellite-startup.desktop
#usr/share/applications/ardour.desktop

Ah, that is a useful feature. Thanks for letting us know.