[arch-general] mkvtoolnix-gtk: The new GUI is missing

Maxime Gauduin alucryd at archlinux.org
Mon Sep 28 20:12:12 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 6:20 PM, Benjamin Robin <dev at benjarobin.fr> wrote:

> Hello Giovanni Scafora,
>
> I am trying to contact you about the bug reports opened about the
> mkvtoolnix package. Please see the email below posted on the mailing list.
>
> Thank you,
> Benjamin
>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> We do have trouble with some bug reports [1], [2] and [3].
> >> The maintainer (Giovanni Scafora) does not answer, nor update the
> >> PKGBUILD. In the last bug report [3] we kindly offer a working example
> of
> >> PKGBUILD which fix the problem : bring back the GUI (Qt5 instead of Gtk)
> >> The first bug report [1] is more than 4 years old without any respond...
> >>
> >> What do we need to do to resolve this issue ?
> >>
> >> [1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/24532
> >> [2] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/44948
> >> [3] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/45439
>

> > Antonio Rojas wrote:
> > Have you tried directly emailing the maintainer?

Hi all,

@Giovanni: being a somewhat heavy user of mkvtoolnix myself I'd like to
co-maintain mkvtoolnix with you. I rewrote most of the PKGBUILD, here are
the changes I'd iike to push [1], I chose to name the Qt-enabled mkvinfo
binary mkvinfo-gui to mirror how the main GUI is named. Also, as Moritz
Bunkus pointed out, it appears all current workarounds can be removed.
Please let me know what you think.

@Benjamin: Feel free to give the diff a spin before we push it, it's
working fine here, the only gripe I have with the new GUI is that the left
toolbar is completely black, but that may just be because my desktop is