[arch-general] How to reply to list mails if you didn't get them (was: mkvtoolnix-gtk: The new GUI is missing)

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Wed Sep 30 07:40:24 UTC 2015

On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 09:28:33 +0200 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
wrote:
> …and I screwed up the subject. Sorry for that; I wasn't subscribed and
> tried to stitch the reply to the thread properly. And I've failed,
> obviously :(

Mailman provides links to help you with that in the list archive[1].
Just click on the email address of the sender in the second line at the
top. It will set the correct recipient, subject and in-reply-to headers.
Might be that mutt doesn't support such links though, I don't use it.

[1]
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-September/039919.html

Apart from the subject you got the in-reply-to correct so all is good
and threading works properly.