[arch-general] LLVM update blocker?

Yichao Yu yyc1992 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 23:26:31 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'd like to ask if there's anything that is holding back upgrading the
LLVM package to 3.8.0. (The package is already flaged out-of-date and
I don't think this worth opening an issue for so I decided to ask
here...)

I'm aware that LLVM is famous for breaking API at every release and I
know that clang is currently suffering from the GCC abi_tag issue so I
can understand if some of these issues are holding back the upgrade.
However, I would still like to know what is the issue (if any) since
it would help me planing for the llvm-julia package and related stuff.

Thanks,

Yichao Yu