[arch-general] GTK2 GUIs became a PITA after upgrade

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon Apr 11 14:12:51 UTC 2016

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 16:01:40 +0200, Qdaxfa wrote:
>Try doing more research on updates before installing them if stability
>is critical for you

Such a disaster never happened for minimalist environments
(openbox, jwm with an uncritical theme as Adwaita) within all the years
I'm using Arch Linux. This happened for bloated DEs such as Xfce or
much more bloated DEs, especially when using exotic fonts and themes. I
don't overdo reading changelogs/release notes, but actually I care
about such information, I'm not a newbie.