[arch-general] GTK2 GUIs became a PITA after upgrade

Maarten de Vries maarten at de-vri.es
Mon Apr 11 19:12:21 UTC 2016

On 11 April 2016 at 21:05, D C <camenschic at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm with gurnaik on this one... Up until a few days ago, I had done weekly
> updates on my arch system for the past 3 years without breakage. If doing
> an update renders your system unusable, that's kind of an issue.. Luckily I
> have a notebook backup.

​Well, unusable is slightly exaggerated if it's just about the themes. I
agree, the update was pretty annoying. I had to switch back to Adwaita for
GTK3, and I really don't like Adwaita. A warning in an announcement would
have been nice.

But it is usable, with an (in my opinion) ugly theme.

--
​ Maarten​