[arch-general] GTK2 GUIs became a PITA after upgrade

Stephen mailman at tuxcon.com
Tue Apr 12 04:45:45 UTC 2016

For what it's worth, I was able to resolve this issue in the end by
simply removing + reinstalling my theme (which was Arc). Installing
Adwaita also worked.

Removing and reinstalling solved the issue because it rebuilt against
Gnome 3.20. I'd only recently switched to Arch, and had therefore
wrongly assumed that anything that needed to would be rebuilt against
the new Gnome version.

Lesson learned :)