[arch-general] GTK2 GUIs became a PITA after upgrade

Kyle Terrien kyleterrien at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 19:07:13 UTC 2016

Jérôme M. Berger wrote:
> On 04/12/2016 07:08 PM, Mauro Santos wrote:
>> I was using clearlooks-phenix but with gtk 3.20 it is quite broken and
>> it hasn't been updated in quite some time. I have no idea if the dev
>> will code a new version for gtk 3.20+.
>>
> 	When launching a GTK3 application with the clearlooks phenix theme,
> there are several warnings that feature such-and-such has been
> deprecated and replaced by so-and-so. I've tried applying all the
> suggested replacements and that got rid of the warnings, but
> unfortunately it didn't fix the looks :( Downgrading for now and hoping
> someone who knows more about GTK3 theme will update clearlooks phenix or
> make some similar clearlooks-like theme for GTK 3.20+
>
> 		Jerome

I noticed some of the geometry is slightly different, but I just thought
it was gtk3 being libgnome.  I don't test gtk3 much (and I don't know
that much about gtk theming), so I wasn't aware of the deprecated
warnings.

But that's it!  After finals end, I am going to look into converting my
favorite gtk2 theme (Bluecurve) into gtk3 theme.  I am tired of ugly
and/or broken gtk3 themes.

Does anyone off the top of his/her head know of any good tools or guides
for converting gtk2 themes to gtk3 themes?

--Kyle