[arch-general] GTK2 GUIs became a PITA after upgrade

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Apr 13 20:14:55 UTC 2016

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 07:54:09 +1200, Jason Ryan wrote:
>Given most of the drivel you post to this list, I shouldn't be
>surprised, but this is a new level of inanity…
>
>Show some respect to the people that actually build stuff and
>contribute, not just endlessly clog mailing lists with their puerile
>whining.

Hi Jason,

instead of passing censure, you could have helped Richard ;).

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 19:55:02 +0100, Richard Ullger wrote:
>What packages have you downgraded to get back to the previous version
>of adwaita?

Hi Richard,

I downgraded

adwaita-icon-theme (3.20-1 -> 3.18.0-1)

and

gnome-themes-standard (3.20-1 -> 3.18.0-1)

but you unlikely need to downgrade the icon theme too, I just dislike
some replaced icons. IOW gnome-themes-standard 3.18.0-1 fixes the GTK2
look.

Regards,
Ralf