[arch-general] Problem with MATLAB libraries

Foxtrot Mike fulcrummike at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 10 06:34:39 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I have MATLAB 8.6 (2015b). If I install MATLAB in the default directory
(/usr/local/MATLAB), everything works fine. However, I want to install
MATLAB on a different partition (/mnt/Software). I installed MATLAB on
Software parition successfully, but when I try to run matlab, I get this
error:

 >pwd
/mnt/Software/LinuxMatlab/installed/bin
 >./matlab
expr: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
/bin/uname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open

     Sorry! We could not determine the machine architecture for your
            host. Please contact:

                MathWorks Technical Support

            for further assistance.

trap: usage: trap [-lp] [[arg] signal_spec ...]

I think I need to link some libraries so that MATLAB can access them
from the Software parition. I am not quite sure how to do it and which
libraries do I need to symlink. Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,
Fulcrum