[arch-general] Problem with MATLAB libraries

Filip Filipov pilif.pilif at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 11:02:58 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Alive 4ever <alive4ever at live.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 06:34:39AM +0000, Foxtrot Mike via arch-general
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have MATLAB 8.6 (2015b). If I install MATLAB in the default directory
> > (/usr/local/MATLAB), everything works fine. However, I want to install
> > MATLAB on a different partition (/mnt/Software). I installed MATLAB on
> > Software parition successfully, but when I try to run matlab, I get this
> > error:
> >
> > =====================================================================
> >  >pwd
> > /mnt/Software/LinuxMatlab/installed/bin
> >  >./matlab
> > expr: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> > /bin/uname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> >
> >      Sorry! We could not determine the machine architecture for your
> >             host. Please contact:
> >
> >                 MathWorks Technical Support
> >
> >             for further assistance.
> >
> > trap: usage: trap [-lp] [[arg] signal_spec ...]
> > =====================================================================
> >
> > I think I need to link some libraries so that MATLAB can access them
> > from the Software parition. I am not quite sure how to do it and which
> > libraries do I need to symlink. Any help would be appreciated!
>
> Have you read ld.so(8) manpage?
>
> Try running the executable by explicitly specifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> environment variable
>
> $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib ./matlab

also you can open ./matlab in text editor and look what it does (I think
this is still true for 2015b )
other info on setting the PATH is [1] and [2]

[1]
http://de.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/94805-why-does-my-linux-hardware-opengl-not-work-properly#answer_104157
[2] https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Matlab/#Probleme-mit-OpenGL