[arch-general] very out of date packages

Genes Lists lists at sapience.com
Mon Aug 15 11:48:59 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2016-08-14 at 15:27 -0500, Dutch Ingraham wrote:

> I would argue it is not the raw number or percentage of packages that
> are out of date, but *which* packages are out of date.  For example,
> wouldn't place equal weight on pychess as I would glibc.

   Agree with this completely - some packages in core are more 'tier 1'
... others. We should focus on the more important ones - of which there
a small number based on my quick scan.

   We are a volunteer org and overall things are PDG (pretty damn good)
:-) - and we are all very grateful for the time put in by those who are
helping making Arch a premier distro. Thank you!

gene

--
Gene
lists at sapience.com