[arch-general] interested in becoming a TU

Storm Dragon stormdragon2976 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 15:40:55 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 04:37:21PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 10:21:29 -0400, Storm Dragon via arch-general
>>wrote:,
>>>I am interested in becoming a TU.
>>
>Oops, the above was the wrong quote and link.
>
>"Addition of a TU
>
>The addition of a TU may occur at any time.
>
>In order to become a TU, one must first find a sponsoring TU, and
>arrange privately with them to announce their candidacy on the
>aur-general mailing list. Following the announcement, standard voting
>procedure commences with a discussion period of 5 days, a quorum of
>66%, and a voting period of 7 days." -
>https://aur.archlinux.org/trusted-user/TUbylaws.html#_addition_of_a_tu
>
>Anyway, the appropriate list remains:

>>https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trusted_Users
>>https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_Trusted_User_Guidelines
>>
>>Regards,
>>Ralf
Howdy,
Thanks for the info. My original post wasn't meant to be an actual request to become a TU, but rather a preparation request. I read the wiki for the guidelines, and it seems like having close contact with an existing TU would be a good thing. So, my original message was more aimed at finding someone who would be willing/and have the time to hang out, and maybe fill me in on the stuff I would need to know when I get on the inside :). I think I have the skillset, but I do need a sponsor, so I definitely need to get to know a TU for that anyway.
Thanks
Storm