[arch-general] interested in becoming a TU

Storm Dragon stormdragon2976 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 16:50:33 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 11:06:26AM -0500, Doug Newgard wrote:
>Looking at things, none of your AUR packages are really candidates for
>Community. The guideline is 10 votes.
>
>So let's look at the accessibility side of things. I was going to suggest
>contacting the maintainers of the packages you are interested in to see if they
>would like help, but 2 of the 3 packages you list are in Extra, which TUs don't
>have access to.
>
>This all leaves me confused. The first thing I would suggest is to figure out
>exactly what you want to do as a TU.
>
>Doug
I guess I didn't communicate the accessibility part of it very well. I am interested in doing work for accessibility package, those that either aren't maintained, or if someone is interested in dropping them, or having a co-maintainer. Also, for packages that required to build them. I noticed a while back the package dotconf was orphaned, for example, and it is required to build speech-dispatcher. My list of packages related to accessibility in my original post wasn't a list I planned on maintaining specifically, unless it became necessary, it was just a list of example of the type of stuff in which I have an interest.
I am also willing to take up some of the packages that don't have maintainers atm, as well as helping out however I can.