[arch-general] Opinions on PowerShell?

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 15:50:43 UTC 2016

On 19-08-2016 16:05, Sebastiaan Lokhorst via arch-general wrote:
> arch-general at archlinux.org>:
>>
>> Make no mistake, they are after profits and do whatever it takes to keep
>> the money flowing
>>

> So do Red Hat and Google. But does that keep us from using systemd or
> Chromium?
>
> Please stop this unfounded, tinfoil hat "Micro$oft sucks!!11" whining.
> If there is an actual reason why you shouldn't use a product, please say
> so, but this "don't use it because Microsoft made it" nonsense is
> ridiculous.

I'm not saying powershell doesn't have merit, and you are free to use it
as much as you want, but just like you have stated your opinion, I was
stating mine and as such it can be biased.

However, as others have pointed out, Microsoft has a very bad track
record, unlike Red Hat and Google. If Microsoft wants to be trusted they
will have to earn it.

--
Mauro Santos