[arch-general] minidlna problems

Peter Nabbefeld peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de
Sun Dec 4 13:08:40 UTC 2016

Hello,

I've installed minidlna (community/minidlna 1.1.6-1), but cannot access
any files. When I access it on port 8200, statistics count some audio
files, but those are videos (mp4). I also cannot see a list of the files
(well, I even don't know, if this would be expected behaviour). If I try
to connect via UPnP using VLC, I cannot even see any file.  Portscan
detected port 8200 listening, but neither 80 nor 1900.

So, I do have some questions:
- Why are my mp4 files recognized as audio files?
- Is minidlna expected t oshow a list of files in its DB somewhere?
- How can I detect minidlna working correctly?

Kind regards
Peter