[arch-general] After upgrade

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Dec 4 14:35:26 UTC 2016

On Sun,  4 Dec 2016 13:34:45 +0000 (GMT), piequiex wrote:
>On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 16:05:18 +0100, Jelle van der Waa wrote:
>>Your kenrel is tainted, mainline does not support tainted kernels.
>Look on subject. Tainted distro.

I fixed your broken quoting and provide the following link for the
second time.

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/118116/linux-what-is-a-tainted-kernel

Maybe you installed a proprietary driver. Assuming a proprietary driver
should cause the issue, you need to get in contact with the support
of the vendor, providing this proprietary driver.

Assuming a proprietary graphics driver should be the culprit, it would
be important to get more information. Why did you install it? Perhaps
you don't need it and could use a FLOSS driver instead?

We already do a lot of guessing to help you. I provided a link to help
you, to help us, to help you.

Here it is again: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Regards,
Ralf