[arch-general] minidlna problems

SET nmset at netcourrier.com
Sun Dec 4 14:55:02 UTC 2016

> > So, I do have some questions:
> > - Why are my mp4 files recognized as audio files?
> > - Is minidlna expected t oshow a list of files in its DB somewhere?
> > - How can I detect minidlna working correctly?
> >
> > Kind regards
> > Peter

I didn't have any success with the stock minidlna.service file, which I
disabled.

I'm using this one :

[Unit]
Description=PostBoot Minidlna
Requires=network.target
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=/usr/bin/minidlnad -R
User=minidlna

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

According to comments I read somewhere, it's not considered safe !
Please note you'll have to create an unprivileged user that owns all files.

As for VLC, UPnP browsing is just broken in 2.x. It seems this module is
completely re-written in 3.x, not yet out.

Regards.