[arch-general] minidlna problems

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 17:17:02 UTC 2016

On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 4:19 PM, Peter Nabbefeld <peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de>
wrote:

> Hello Mike,
>
> I cannot find any important differences between Your files and mine. I've
> tested VLC, and if this is broken, the test doesn't have any relevance, so
> I need some other client first.
>
> Kind regards
> Peter

In my case I can run vlc from another machine within my LAN to see the
files on my media server running minidlna - one thing worth checking is
that you don't have any firewall blocks for the required ports on the
server. Again in my case the server is entirely within my home LAN and not
visible to the wider internet, so there are less security concerns in this
case than if the server was being accessed from the WAN.

The version current in arch is minidlna 1.1.6-1 but perhaps the comment
earlier in the thread about version 2.x is a heads-up for when the version
in arch is updated in the future at some point to make sure that 2.x does
support UPnP. Certainly minidlna 1.1.6-1 works fine once it is set up
correctly.
--
mike c