[arch-general] minidlna problems

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 22:37:50 UTC 2016

On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 6:55 PM, SET <nmset at netcourrier.com> wrote:

> Le dimanche 4 décembre 2016 17:17:02 CET Mike Cloaked via arch-general a
> écrit
> :
> > The version current in arch is minidlna 1.1.6-1 but perhaps the comment
> > earlier in the thread about version 2.x is a heads-up for when the
> version
> > in arch is updated in the future at some point to make sure that 2.x does
> > support UPnP. Certainly minidlna 1.1.6-1 works fine once it is set up
> > correctly.
>
> The 2.x comment above concerns VLC, and not minidlna. I'm using the same
> version as yours, on ALARM too.

Current vlc in arch is version vlc 2.2.4-5, and I have just double checked
that it works for UPnP - loading vlc in my desktop, and on the LAN, I can
immediately connect to my minidlna server running on a little odroid-c2
machine on the same network and can play video and see the other media
files on UPnP. So if there was any issue on an earlier version of 2.x it
doesn't seem to be an issue currently.

--
mike c