[arch-general] GTK3 theming issues in i3wm

Giovanni Santini itachi.sama.amaterasu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 23:17:25 UTC 2016

Good evening,
I started having fun with i3wm.
I find myself pretty well with it and my setup is working well...
I tried to set up the settings.ini file in the appropriate GTK3 folder,
in order to have the same configuration I've in my GNOME Shell setup.
But, setting up the GTK style file, makes Firefox totally not working,
making the theme to not be used and removing all text from tabs and
elsewhere, except the rendered pages.
Thunderbird, on the other hand, works perfectly with the same file...
And Nautilus doesn't accept the file.
An option could be to use the i3-gnome session, but it was pretty broken
for me (I wasn't able to exit i3) while normal i3 worked flawlessly.
Not sure how can I debug stuff, I will provide here everything needed.
Thanks in advance!

--
Giovanni Santini
My blog: http://giovannisantini.tk