[arch-general] Google Summer of Code 2017

Jonas Verschueren jonasverschueren at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 21:46:44 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I am currently thinking about applying for the 2017 run of Google Summer of
Code. Because I am an avid Arch user and general Linux enthusiast I thought
it would be nice to work on Arch and make my contribution back to the
community. This discussion seems to come up most years and I don’t know
what the outcome of this was previously but I thought I’d ask anyway.

I am a PhD student in theoretical and computational materials science based
in London. I am an experienced c++ and python user but I am getting more
and more interested in the inner workings of the linux kernel and the way
various distributions are built on top of it, which also explains my
interest in doing this.

Anyone know whether someone of the Arch developers could be interested in
(or gently persuaded into) mentoring a Summer of code project?

Best wishes,

Jonas