[arch-general] [OT] Settings problem: Why is Thunderbird so silly?

Peter Nabbefeld peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de
Thu Dec 22 11:11:24 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I want to select an application for opening an attachment with an
alternative editor (a PDF file with LibreOffice Draw in this case).

When I want to select the application, I get the list of last opened
files (i.e. text files, which obviously are not able to run ...).

Trying to search for "sdraw" presents me with a waiting cursor ...
waiting endlessly.

I'd guess I have to set some options somewhere, but I don't know which -
or do I even have to edit some XUL file? I doubt, that Thunderbird is
really so "silly" just not being able to find some application.

BTW, my desktop is XFCE, latest firefox (latest system update today).

Kind regards
Peter