[arch-general] linux driver bcm4311 failure

message letter at openmailbox.org
Fri Dec 30 19:46:49 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-17 08:11, message wrote:
> On 2016-09-09 07:57, Arend Van Spriel wrote:
>>
>> The device is claimed by b43-pci-bridge so I would suggest:
>>
>> blacklist b43-pci-bridge
>>

> This instruction was added as the last line of the configuration file.
> After reboot, the computer wifi card continues to be inactive (wifi
> indicator fails to switch on, wifi connection not possible).

Since then, the system has been updated.

Wifi led on keyboard (dell inspiron 1520) does not light up unless root
command is entered:

modprobe b43

Then:

wpa_supplicant -D nl80211,wext -i wlan0 -c <(wpa_passphrase "[mobile
phone wifi hotspot name]" "[mobile phone wifi hotspot password]"

... Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant
Trying to authenticate
auth_failures=1 duration=10 reason conn_failed

Connection is successful to same wifi hotspot using debian system.

Various versions of broadcom-wl have been tried and failed, from
linux310 to linux49.

Suggestions please?

Dell wireless 1390 wlan mini card
broadcom bcm4311 802.11b/g wlan 14e4:4311
kernel drive b43-pci-bridge
kernel modules: ssb, wl