[arch-general] Hibernation not working

Bruno Pagani bruno.pagani at ens-lyon.org
Sat Dec 31 12:42:53 UTC 2016

Hi,

Le 31 décembre 2016 07:38:05 GMT+01:00, Peter Nabbefeld <peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de> a écrit :

>Hello,
>
>since some time, hibernation does not work, dmesg contains following
>messages:
>
>[  738.404244] ACPI Warning: \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._DSM: Argument #4 type
>
>mismatch - Found [Buffer], ACPI requires [Package]
>(20160422/nsarguments-95)
>[  738.404353] ACPI: \_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP: failed to evaluate _DSM
>[  738.404356] ACPI Warning: \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._DSM: Argument #4 type
>
>mismatch - Found [Buffer], ACPI requires [Package]
>(20160422/nsarguments-95)
>
>Some time ago, when I closed my laptop, Linux automatically hibernated,
>
>now it does not. As my laptop becomes really warm and I don't want to
>stress my display, I'm using this rarely, so I cannot tell, since when
>hibernation doesn't work :-/
>
>Kind regartds
>Peter

These messages are related to Optimus system (Nvidia implementation of dGPU power management handling is not compliant with ACPI specs). So that’s not related to your hibernation issue.

Regarding this one, I’d like a precision that might be useful: is this about hibernation or suspend?

Other than that, what DE do you use if applicable? What does handle lid close event? I had the issue that the lid close event wasn’t handled because KDE PM daemon isn’t inhibiting systemd one correctly, and once fixed it worked again.

Bruno